MILAN – The Italian financial police have seized villas, houses and yachts worth 143 million euros (more than $150 million U.S.D.) from five Russian oligarchs, the police said Saturday in a statement.
The Special Unit of the Financial Police, in collaboration with the Economic and Financial Police Unit of Imperia and the Aeronaval Operational Department of Genoa, executed asset – freezing orders on Friday against multiple Russian oligarchs, according to the statement.
Freezing orders were executed against the following people:
- Alexey Alexandrovits Mordashov: yacht Lady M, located in the port of Imperia, worth approximately 65 million euros (about $71 million).
- Gennady Nikolayevich Timchenko: yacht Lena, located in the port of San Remo, worth approximately 50 million euros (about $55 million).
- Alisher Usmanov: real estate compendium located in Golfo del Pevero in Arzachena, worth approximately 17 million euros (about $18 million).
- Vladimir Roudolfovitch Solovien: Properties located in the province of Como worth approximately 8 million euros (about $8.7 million).
- Oleg Savchenko: seventeenth – century villa names ‘Villa Lazzareschi’ located in the province of Lucca, worth about 3 million euros (about $3.3. million).
These restrictive measures come after the E.U. Council imposed sanctions on several persons and entities over Russia’s military aggression against Ukraine.